The strategy to use to crack GRE
This is the most common exam for students who aim to do master’s degree from abroad. This involves 2 tests the general test and the specific one. The syllabus for each subject is different. The general focuses on the verbal ability, quantitative ability and the analytical abilities of the candidates. The various topics included in the various sections especially in the GRE vocabularyhave been listed as follows:
- Analytical skills: this measures the reading and writing skills of the various students. It focuses on abilities to articulate ideas and construct various arguments. This involves analyzing the issues and analyzing the arguments.
- Quantitative reasoning: this is based on ability to understand the maths in a better manner. This focuses on understanding the mathematical problems and providing the best solutions to them in mathematical form only. Various topics like speed and distance and ratios and proportions are covered under this segment.
- Verbal reasoning: this measures the abilities of candidates to analyze the written information and draw results out of them. One has to also analyze the relationships between various sentences and words. Topics like basic sentence constructions, nouns and pronouns are covered under this section.
- GRE subjects syllabus: this is for the specific papers. These can be undertaken in subjects like biology, chemistry, English, mathematics and physics and psychology.
- English: there are 230 questions on poetry, drama, essay and short novels. There are also few questions from major works like the bible. They may be classified into factual and analytical.
- Biology: there are 190 questions and topics like cellular molecular, organism and ecology are there under this paper.
- Chemistry: there are 130 questions and contents covered are inorganic, organic, analytical and physical chemistry.
- Psychology: there are 205 questions and the candidate has to select from 5 given options. The questions are based on core knowledge at undergraduate level.
- Mathematics: there are 66 questions from courses at undergraduate level. Concepts like calculus and algebra are covered in this subject as well.
- Physics: there are 100 questions and can be answered on basis of knowledge gained in first 3 years of undergraduate courses.
There are 6 sections in paper with 10 minutes break after the third section. The total duration is 3 hours and 45 minutes of the exam. The un-scored and research section do not count towards the score. The research section is out of the un-scored section. This exam is valid for 5 years from the date of the examination the candidate has appeared. The admission is on the basis on the GRE score and also to give the holistic view about the whole application process. The intangible sections help to obtain good grades in the exam. The applicants must save the recommendation letters for a long period of time till the time they come in. various extracurricular activities are also considered and provide and edge to the candidates at the time of admission process.
GRE vocabularyare considered to be the most difficult and most scoring. The candidates must draw a list of colleges and then apply in order to have the best of the admissions in the best courses.