Home remedies to combat dandruff
Long, black, healthy, and nourished hair is the dream of every Indian woman. Our mothers and grandmothers work hard and invest a lot in our hairs to get these results. They have their own secrets and remedies for every hair problem which they have been using for centuries. Dandruff is one such condition and its remedy can be easily found in the kitchens of our homes. Those pesky white flakes need to be fought with simple home remedies for dandruff. These kitchen remedies can do wonders if followed properly and consistently. Also, they make hair softer, darker, smoother, and appealing.
These home remedies are:
- Yogurt: – a fresh bowl of yogurt mixed with oil, and a spoon of lemon juice should be applied to the scalp as a hair mask. Keep this hair mask for 15 mins and rinse it with an anti-dandruff shampoo medicated India. Yogurt comprises friendly bacteria and these help in the prevention of flaky skin on the scalp. One can also add black pepper due to its anti-dandruff properties.
- Fuller’s earth: – a natural product that absorbs moisture, oils, and dust from the scalp. It also improves blood circulation in the scalp which promotes the growth of hair. To use it, one needs to make its paste by mixing it with water and adding a few drops of lemon juice or vinegar. Let the mask seep in for half an hour and then rinse it with the shampoo.
- Lemon: -squeeze a lemon and massage it on the scalp. This may irritate due to the inflammation but will relieve the scalp from dandruff. One can also add lemon juice to some water and rinse your hair with it.
- Aloe Vera: – the plant has a medicinal value in Indian Ayurveda. Its antifungal and antibacterial properties can help us calm the inflammation and itchiness in skin and moisturize the scalp. Aloe Vera has cooling properties that cool down the scalp. Put some aloe Vera gel into the palms and massage it on your scalp. Do the same procedure for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse off.
- Apple cider vinegar: – it removes the flaky skin from the scalp and helps in maintaining the pH of the scalp. It neither lets the scalp become too acidic nor alkaline but keeps the pH normal for the growth of the hair. Mix 2 or 3 spoons of vinegar with your shampoo or oil and use it on your scalp. Massage the scalp proper for even distribution of the mixture, then let it stay there for 3 to 5 minutes and rinse off.
- Baking soda: -it is an everyday household item and is commonly used in the kitchen in baking and cooking purposes. But did u know that it can be an important ingredient for hair care? Apply a few spoonfulof baking soda directly to your hair and massage it properly over the scalp and leave it there for a few minutes. After the above procedure rinses off the hair properly with abest medicated shampoo for dandruff in India.
- Aspirin: – commonly used for aches and pains, this can be an important ingredient for hair care purposes. It exfoliates the dead skin cells from the scalp and prevents the building up of oil and reduces the inflammation of the skin. Crush the two tablets and add the fine powder into your shampoo bottle. Work it through your hair properly and rinse off.
So, we can see how simple kitchen ingredients can help us to get rid of dandruff and proper growth of our hair. These remedies come from the kitchen of our mothers, their mothers and the legacy goes on. Hair is an important part of the personality that gives our look a definition and so these must be cared for properly.