Home Remedies for Treating Dandruff
Three out of eight persons deal with the problem of dandruff. It is due to the scalp not the hair. Hair are very essential part of our body, as it protects our head from any kind of dirt, and also enhances the look of a person, so hair must be kept clean and tidy. The condition of scalp is reflected by the condition and bounce of hair. The nasty flakes can be easily seen by the peoplenear you regardless of how much you try to hide it.
It becomes very embarrassing for the person who is experiencing dandruff. Hair must be healthy and must be taken care of. There are a lot of shampoos available in the market which helps in eliminating the dandruff from hair. If dandruff is less, it can be easily washed away or treated with the help of mild shampoo but in case of severe dandruff problem, it can be treated with the help of medicated shampoo.
Some of the symptoms of dandruff are itchy or dry scalp, skin flakes on your shoulder, hair, eyebrows, etc. If a person is experiencing stress, it may get worse. In winters or in dry season the problem of dandruff gets worse. Dandruff causes pimples on your face or on forehead.
Various causes of dandruff can be oily skin, dry skin, not cleaning or shampooing your hair, etc. Best anti dandruff shampoo for oily scalp are available in the market which helps in treating the problem of dandruff.
Home remedies for eliminating dandruff are discussed as follows:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has the capability of rehabilitating the pH balance of the scalp which assists in controlling the development of yeast and unclogs the pores. After washing your hair, rinse your hair with mixture of Apple cider vinegar and normal water in a ratio of 2:3 respectively.
- Lemon juice and Coconut oil: Lemon is best known for its anti-fungal properties and is very helpful in eliminating dandruff. Coconut oil can be used to moisturize the dry scalp and to get rid of itchiness. Coconut oil deeply nourishes your hair and increases the growth of hair. Mix equal parts of coconut oil and lemon juice and massage it on your scalp and keep it for about 20 minutes.
- Listerine: Listerine having antifungal properties helps in removing dandruff from scalp and recover health of hair. Mixture of Listerine and water in the same ratio should be sprayed on hair after shampooing your hair and keep it for few minutes and then wash with cold water.
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains lactic acid which assists in reducing the dandruff. It is also very helpful in providing the strength to the roots from hair. Use lukewarm water to wash your hair and dry them with towel, then apply yogurt all over the hair and scalp and keep it for 15 minutes and then wash it with water.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera has the properties of treating skin burns and cold sores. The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of aloe vera are very effective in getting rid of dandruff.
You can try the above home remedies for eliminating dandruff or use best dandruff shampoo for oily scalp.